8.17.2010

Home is wherever I'm with you

I know I'm in the middle of slowly recapping Lollapalooza but it also dawned on me that I owe you some tunes. So why not bring a little more of Lolla to you.

Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeroes : Home


Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes played at the Sony Bloggie stage at 6:30pm on Saturday. Summer evening, perfection. The tunes are folky, but poppy. Hippie, but hipster. Happy, but not corny. The band does not include an artist named Edward Sharpe, but does include 12 people. Rolling Stone declared the group an artist to watch in 2009, calling them a cross between Arcade Fire and the Mamas & the Papas. Their song "Janglin" was featured in a TV ad for the 2011 Ford Fiesta and the above song, "Home" was voted number 15 on the Australian Triple J Hottest 100, 2009 countdown, the largest music poll in the world. Obviously all high praise, but if you are anything like me you have never heard of the Australian Triple J Hottest 100 and maybe didn't see the Ford commercial. It's simple really. The reason why Australia and Ford Fiesta like this song; it makes you dance. From minute one. By yourself. With a friend. With strangers. And with a massive, what-is-going-on grin across your face. It happened to me, it can happen to you. No one is safe.

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE this song!! wow, i am really jealous that you saw all these great bands. sounds like a blast. my sister is moving to chicago in 2 weeks and I have already invited myself for Lollapalooza 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesdays tune is back! This song is incredible. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my current favorite song, I bet that show was amazing! I'm hoping to see them perform in September -- it seems like a great concert experience!

    ReplyDelete