6.29.2010

Isn't it ironic

"...don't ya think...a little toooo ironic, yah I really do think."

Alanis Morissette's 1996 hit lyrics ran true this past Sunday. I finished praising Dos Amigos burritos only to be let down mere hours later! Two pulled pork burritos were ordered sans sour cream, mild salsa, on wheat tortillas. Two pulled pork burritos with sour cream were unwrapped. I find sour cream to be a very odd condiment and unnecessary in my burritos especially when used in excess. In the moment there was anger and frustration. Let's face it, I'm a diva when I am hungry. It was after 8, tummy's were rumbling hungry, I wanted my pulled pork and I wanted it done right! But after some thought, this is a first time fail for Dos, we are all guilty of making mistakes at work, and Dos did correct the issue. Dos Amigos, consider your 'get out of jail free' card served.



The sour creamless burrito was a wee bit watery and the pulled pork had little bbq flavor, but whatever, we're letting this whole burrito experience go. June 27th was just an off night for Dos Amigos.

Onward!

I'm sore. Sore to the point that I am hoping and praying I will be able to blow dry my hair tomorrow. Monday's yoga class combined with tonight's body pump class has me massaging my shoulders and biceps as we speak, well, as I take mini pauses from typing. The humidity will be gone in New England tomorrow for the first time in for-ev-er and I want to dry my hair. There is that diva again. I must be hungry.

Yep I am.

Insert dinner minus that dollop but plus avocado. Avocado > sour cream. (same dinner, different day, new toppings)


With fourth of July just around the corner, there is no doubting the fact that it.is.summer. So today, I popped in the soundtrack to summer 09: The Gaslight Anthem's album The '59 Sound. I saw The Gaslight Anthem twice last summer. Once at the FNX music festival in Boston and then again at Lollapalooza last August. I got into them because of Lolla but after listening to these guys while playing lawn games all summer long and seeing them perform in person I fell in love with this rock band from Jersey!


These guys made it rain at Lolla! (cheeeeese)



In it's entirety, The '59 Sound, is a remarkable album. With a NJ childhood on my resume, I can hear the Jersey shore sound and Bruce Springsteen influence. If I close my eyes, I swear I am BBQ'ing down the shore and my dad has Bruce coming from the windows. These boys do not pose, they celebrate the NJ legend.

Honestly, I don't even think I can pick a favorite track off of The '59 Sound. That's not something I say on the reg. There are very few albums that I can listen to from beginning to end.

Great Expectations, The '59 Sound, The Patient Ferris Wheel, Casanova Baby...

I guess if I have to pick...Casanova Baby


Their newest album, American Slang was released on June 15th. Besides the title song, American Slang, I haven't listened to it much. I am still hooked on The '59 Sound.

Ironic, since this blog is about living in the present and not last summer. Ha! Oh well, does music really count?

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm avocado!!! lol

    Btw I have been nominated for "Best Eye Candy" on the 2010 Blogluxe Awards! Would you be kind enough to vote for me (NYC Island Gal)?
    http://www.socialluxelounge.com/phpQ/blogluxevote.php
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dos Amigos I am flabbergasted. Aren't you kind to give them a get outta jail free card. I suppose they deserve it after all the good burritos over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn i cannot believe that song is from 1996. that makes me feel OLD. but i really do looooooove it, and burritos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Gaslight Anthem! Definitely jealous that you got to see them twice last summer, that must've been a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. melissa, check out their site! they are touring again this summer :)

    ReplyDelete