6.30.2010

No recipe required

I realized the other night that my latest eats have not followed a recipe. This could mean a few things: a) I am getting creative in the kitchen b) I am getting lazy c) It is too hot to cook d) I need to stop spending my hard earned bills at the gstore because apparently I have what I need!
Maybe all of the above?

sauteed mushroom and asparagus roll up with fresh mozzarella, pine nuts, spinach and tomatoes drizzled with balsamic reduction


sun dried tomato chicken sausage sauteed with mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus and Trader Joes' harvest grains over a bed of spinach lightly sprinkled with roasted flax seeds



flatbread pizzas:: sun dried tomato chicken sausage with roasted red pepper, red onion and fresh mozzarella flatbread:: asparagus, mushroom and goat cheese flatbread

(these were for the Lia Sophia party Amanda and I hosted last Wed.-post to come soon!)




chicken mozzarella pesto burgers topped with brushetta served with sweet potato wedges



sorry for the bad shadow!!

whole wheat pasta with leftovers! aka: roasted red peppers, red onion, 1/2 sun dried tomato chicken sausage, asparagus, and spinach topped with pine nuts and tossed with parmesan





What we learned: I like the combination of asparagus, mushrooms and sun-dried tomato chicken sausage; three ingredients can take you places; window photos produce great lighting; it does not take a lot of asparagus to produce a smell (if you know what I mean)!


What have you created lately without a recipe!?

1 comment:

  1. I rarely use a recipe when cooking. I'm all about just throwing stuff together and seeing what I come up with... It usually works ok with wraps and pasta... so that's a win in my book. ;)

    ReplyDelete